24 Reasons to Have Hope By Pastor Jim Leggett
1.Have hope because God/Jesus is your hope (Psalm 71:5; 146:5; Romans 15:13; 1 Thess. 1:3; 2 Thess. 2:16; 1 Tim. 1:1; 1Peter 1:21)
2. Have hope because God's Word contains hope (Psalm 119:49,74,81,114,147;130:5; Romans 15:4)
3. Have hope because God is going to help you (Psalm 33:20; 42:5; 2 Corinthians 1:7,10)
4. Have hope because God is going to save you as you place your faith in Him (Psalm 25:5; 62:5; 130:7; 147:11; Micah 7:7; 1 Thess. 5:8; 1 Tim. 4:10)
5. Have hope because hope is one of the keys to getting your heart well (Proverbs 13:12; Isaiah 40:31)
6. Have hope because hope is an anchor for your soul (Hebrews 6:19)
7. Have hope because God says there is hope (Jeremiah 29:11; Lam. 3:19-26; Hosea 2:15)
8. Have hope because hope will not disappoint you (Romans 5:5)
9. Have hope because God wins (Romans 5:2; Col. 1:27), and He will lift you up as you place your trust in His Son Jesus (2 Corinth. 3:7-12; Col. 1:27)
10. Have hope because it is the purpose-filled end result of your suffering (Romans 5:3-5)
11. Have hope because hope lasts (1Cor. 13:13; 15:19)
12. Have hope because God is giving you righteousness as you trust in Jesus (Galatians 5:5)
13. Have hope even though you cannot see it - by definition hope is something you cannot see right now (Romans 8:24:25)
14. Have hope because it is the first step towards faith (Hebrews 11:1)
15. Dead people do not have the capacity to hope (Isaiah 38:18)
16. There is no hope apart from Jesus Christ (1 THess. 4:13)
17. Have hope because God has eternal life/heaven in store for you as you believe in His Son Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:5,23; Titus 1:2; 3:7)
18. Have hope because Jesus Christ is coming again! (Titus 2:13; 1 Peter 1:13)
19. Have hope because you will see believing loved ones and friends at Christ's second coming (1 THess. 2:19)
20. Have hope because a 100 year old man hoped that he would have a child and he did (Romans 4:18)
21. Have hope because the greatest human example of suffering in the Bible, Job dared to hope in God (Job 13:15)
22. Have hope because God has a calling on your life (Jere. 29:11; Eph. 1:18; 4:4)
23. Have hope because hope in Jesus purifies you (1 John 3:3)
24. Have hope because, in Christ, you are a living hope! (Peter 1:3; 3:15).
On the other side of life on earth is eternity in paradise. We can only imagine what Heaven will be. The Bible describes Heaven as a place where God lives and is surrounded by a heavenly court and other heavenly beings. It is a parallel realm, a Holy dwelling where everything operates according to God's will. We will bring nothing from this earth, and every tear will be wiped from our eyes. We really do have a happily ever after in Heaven forever, for those who believe. Jesus is building our mansions in a glorious place that no mind can conceive!
This is the best hope we have. Hope in Jesus will never disappoint you. As tragic as the death of Jesus is, the triumphant victory over the cross continues to bring life and love for us today and generations to follow.
Ask Jesus to heal your heart and learn to set boundaries.
I'm still learning to set boundaries and fully rely on God for all my emotional needs. You can not choose your family but you can choose your friends. Don't look back unless it is just to see how far you have come. Choose to believe that you too can be set free from depression and emotional traps. Look for the beauty of Freedom in Christ.
Claim Jesus Christ's peace for your life and let go of your emotional baggage cycles the world puts on us! Pray, pray and pray again. His mercies are new every morning!
Unpack your emotional baggage with a trustworthy Christian Counselor.
There are also many resources available online including free resources and services you can plug into on your journey to healing. The road to recovery can be painful and long, but there is hope. Many times I've felt alone, like no one gets me or truly understands me. Jesus is the only bridge to this gap of understanding. He can handle our emotions so that we can live out the Fruit of the Spirit; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control.
He is my ever present help in my time of need and He cares.
This straight road may be lonely at times, and is not intended to be walked alone. Seek the help and prayer you need right now with a trusted Christian Counselor.